There are numerous free screen recorders available that can quickly capture the screen, record gaming, or perform other screen recording tasks on your computer. However, after recording, you will see that your captured video files will always have a watermark. Those watermarks can irritate you at times, rendering the movie nearly worthless.
So, what's the best way to deal with this issue?
This guide will recommend 10 free screen recorders with no watermark and no time limit to help you record screen without watermark. They are all fully compatible with Windows 10.
|Movavi Screen Recorder||$39.95+free version||✅||4.8||Download|
|Icecream Screen Recorder||$29.95+ free version||✅||4.7||Download|
|FlashBack Express||$49+free version||✅||4.4||Download|
1. OBS Studio
OBS Studio is a free and open source screen recorder for video and live streaming that allows you to easily record a screen without a watermark. This type of screen recorder for PC free download without watermark can capture and mix video or audio at high speeds, as well as create scenes from a variety of sources, such as windows captures, images, text, webcams, capture cards, and more.
Furthermore, it provides you with a plethora of configuration options to fine-tune every aspect of broadcasting or recording.
✅ High-performance real-time video and audio capturing
✅ A limitless number of scenes can be recorded at the same time.
✅ Allows the use of hotkeys for faster and easier use.
- Windows, macOS, and Linux are all supported.
- It is entirely free and open source.
- The modular “Dock” allows you to arrange the layout exactly how you want it.
- Support for a variety of different and customizable transitions
- Excellent audio and video editing support
- A little complicated for the beginners
2. Movavi Screen Recorder
The Movavi Screen Recorder is the solution for quick screen captures. This free software is quick and simple to use, and it comes with a variety of features. It's useful for making audio recordings, editing videos, saving and sharing them.
While not entirely free, this app provides a 14-day trial period during which you can test all of its advanced features and see why it's one of the best options on the market right now.
✅ Records screen and audio simultaneously
✅ Can schedule recordings
✅ In seconds, the video is uploaded to social media.
- Program works offline
- Shows keyboard and mouse display to viewers
- Output videos have a watermark on the free version
The QuickTime Screen Recorder is an extension of Apple Inc.'s QuickTime media player. This watermark-free free screen recorder is suitable for basic onscreen activities such as basic recording, editing, and sharing of videos.
Most often you’ll find this program pre-installed in Apple devices as a default application.
✅ Easy to use
✅ On both the Mac and the iPhone, the screen is recorded.
✅ Functions for basic video editing and media conversion
- Built-in recorder in Mac OS
- A versatile media player that can play, record, and convert various video formats.
- Not available to Windows users
TinyTake's free version allows you to record for up to five minutes at a time and is intended solely for personal use. TinyTake's various premium options are required if you want to make longer recordings, use them commercially, add annotations, or upload them directly to YouTube.
When I first started using TinyTake, I was required to create an account, which I did quickly. TinyTake allows me to capture only a portion of my screen or the entire screen, depending on what I'm trying to capture.
TinyTake is not only a screen capture tool, but it is also an annotation tool. Adding annotations to captures is simple, and it usually helps to make my captures understandable to those with whom I will share them.
✅ Captures a region, a window, or an entire screen
✅ Annotates recordings
✅ Custom shortcut keys
Global Hotkey so that I can start quick recording any time
Videos are saved in the cloud rather than only local copies
Record both video and sound, for free, without any watermarking
- Recording must be shorter than 5 minutes
5. Icecream Screen Recorder
Icecream Screen Recorder is another watermark-free Windows 10 screen recorder. This software works flawlessly on both Windows and Mac. It allows you to record your favourite games, webinars, live streaming audio or video, Skype calls, and a variety of other things.
Aside from that, you can record your screen as well as audio and webcam at the same time. This software will help you with your work.
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, and Android
- Support recording any area of the screen, webcam, audio, and gameplay
- Upload your recordings directly to YouTube, Dropbox, and Google Drive
- For the free version, you can only record within 5 minutes
FonePaw Screen Recorder is a watermark-free screen recorder. It can record not only the entire screen of your computer, but also a specific area or an application interface. You can also record audio and webcam during the recording.
In addition, the screen recorder includes editing tools that allow you to add circles, texts, and arrows to your screen videos. FonePaw is also a no-lag screen recorder that allows users to record gameplay at 60 frames per second.
You can also schedule a recording task to have the FonePaw Screen Recorder start and stop recording automatically.
- Full-featured: It can record high-quality screen recordings, capture audio up to 320kbps, take screenshots, and is equipped with editing tools for users to create tutorials.
- Easy-to-use: It has a clear interface and even a beginner can use it without hassle.
- No lag: It’s a free game recording software without watermark which runs smoothly without lagging even while there is a game running.
- It is a standalone program that needs to be downloaded to your computer.
For those who do not want to download a new desktop app, the web-based Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder is an excellent choice. Simply go to its official website and click the Start Recording button, which will prompt you to download a launcher.
- You don't need to download and install an extra program on computers.
- It offers cloud storage services. If you don't have enough storage space on your computer, you can sign up for an account and seamlessly save the recording on its cloud service.
- After recording, you can share it with your friends by uploading it to YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive, or Dropbox, or by creating a shareable link.
Some functions are limited, for example:
- It doesn't allow task schedule recording.
- It doesn't support real-time editing on your recording.
- If you rely heavily on its cloud service to store your recordings, you may lose them.
ActivePresenter is another free screen recording software that is available for both Windows and Mac users. You can record your screen, webcam, microphone, and devices with it. You can use it to record your screen as a full-motion video and embed it in a slide for additional editing.
Furthermore, this screen recorder with no watermark and no time limit includes a variety of video editing tools, such as cropping, splitting, burling, and many more. As a result, you can use this all-in-one software to record and edit videos.
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, and Android
- Support smart screen capturing
- Offer basic and advanced audio and video editing tools
- A little difficult for beginners
Screencast-O-Matic is a fantastic free screen recorder for PC with no watermark that allows you to easily capture your screen. With this screen capture, you can record the entire screen or a specific area, add a webcam, and use narrations to customise your video.
Furthermore, it provides an easy way to upload your captured video to YouTube. If you require more features, you can upgrade to the paid version, which does not include a watermark in the output video.
- Simple and easy to use
- Create a video using various tools to zoom, add text and images
- Share recordings to social media sites like YouTube
- It can record computer audios but the feature is only for Windows-running computer
10. FlashBack Express
Many users may be torn between using OBS or FlashBack Express. In comparison to OBS, FlashBack Express is a simple PC screen recorder that does not limit recording time.
As a free screen recorder, it enables to record system sound and microphone sound, or webcam on your Windows 10. But the free version lacks some advanced features like editing video/audio, or adding annotations picture-in-picture.
- User-friendly main interface for new users.
- Provides MP4, AVI, and WMV formats in the latest version.
- Some advanced functions are paid-only.