Founded in 1996, DreamHost is one of the strongest independent hosting companies out there today. DreamHost is not an industry giant, but has grown from zero to 400,000 customers in 22 years.
In this review, we will concentrate on the plans aimed at WordPress users, including their lower-priced shared hosting packages and their premium managed WordPress hosting plans, to assist you in selecting the best hosting plan for your website.
Dreamhost offers more than just hosting plans; they can also help you integrate domain names, website builders, and email hosting into your website in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Michael Rodriguez is the current CEO of Dreamhost. The company hosts over 1.5 million websites and has over 400,000 members in over 100 countries worldwide.
What Are the DreamHost Great Features?
- 100% uptime guarantee for all plans .
- Affordable plans upto 80% saving on Yearly Plans.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited storage of data
- SSDs (solid-state drives) on shared and VPS plans for increased speed and reliability
- Choose unlimited domain names from over 275 extensions
- Unlimited number of email addresses
- Cloud storage for easier access and security
- 1-click install for popular web apps like WordPress, Joomla! and others
- Over 750,000 WordPress installations
- Easy to use proprietary control panel
- 24/7/365 support
- Eco- Friendly Hosting.
DreamHost: Pros and Cons
DreamHost is a popular web hosting provider, but it may not be right for everyone. Consider these pros and cons before choosing a plan.
DreamHost Pricing, Hosting Plans & Quick Facts
Shared Hosting plans:
Here’s a quick overview of DreamHost’s Shared Hosting plans
Let's start with the Shared plan, which costs $4.95 per month. The Shared Starter option is ideal for beginners who only have one new website and are unsure where to begin. It provides the basic hosting tools your website will require, such as one WordPress website, a free domain, and unlimited bandwidth.
DreamHost also offers the Shared Unlimited plan, which includes everything in the Shared Starter plan, plus unlimited emailing and websites for $8.95 per month paid monthly. This would be a good plan for users that have multiple websites who need different email accounts and the price would be $2.95 per month if you will select to bill yearly .
the above pricing was for shared web hosting monthly payment subscriptions . If you want to pay the bill annually then you can save almost 79% of total cost . See below chart for reference
Just by paying $35 Yearly you can get shared unlimited package where you will be able to host unlimited websites .
Shared hosting includes:
- 1 free domain registration and Let’s encrypt free SSL
- unlimited storage and bandwidth
- Easy to use control panel
- Unlimited email accounts and subdomains (with WordPress unlimited shared plan)
- 1-click installation of WordPress
WordPress Hosting Plans
With powerful features, add-ons, and 24/7 support, DreamHost WordPress hosting will completely transform your website. They accomplish this by collaborating closely with WordPress.org, ensuring that you always have the most recent version and that your website is up and running and secure.
Managed WordPress hosting also includes:
- Automatic WordPress core updates for security
- Private IP address and SSL certificate
- SSD storage and unmetered bandwidth
- Web application firewall to block malware and brute-force attack mitigation.
- One-click staging site set up
- Free domain with annual plans
- DreamPress Pro and Plus plans also include unlimited CDN and Jetpack Professional add-on features.
- Dedicated hosting with your own CPU server resources for maximum performance
- Automated backups
WordPress hosting is an excellent option for those who own a WordPress website for the most effortless transitions and seamless integration into web hosting.
DreamHost provides four Linux-based VPS web hosting plans (starting at $15.00 per month, or $13.75 per month with a one-year commitment) for businesses that require more power than shared hosting provides.
When you use VPS hosting, your website is hosted on a server with far fewer virtual roommates than when you use shared hosting. As a result, your site now has access to more server power.
VPS hosting has never been easier to manage thanks to an intuitive control panel. DreamHost also allows you to personalise this control panel based on your preferences. You can also upgrade your RAM and storage in less than 10 seconds.
VPS hosting offers four different pricing plans (Yearly ), including:
- VPS Basic: starting at $13.75 per month with 1GB RAM and 30 GB SSD storage
- VPS Business: starting at $27.50 per month with 2GB RAM and 60 GB SSD storage
- VPS Professional: starting at $55 per month with 4GB RAM and 120 GB SSD storage
- VPS Enterprise: starting at $110 per month with 8GB RAM and 240 GB SSD storage
Dedicated Web Hosting
If you want maximum web hosting power, you need to get a dedicated server. With this setup, your website lives on a server all by itself, thus leveraging all the system resources.
DreamHost offers a number of dedicated server options. The Standard 4 plan ($169 per month or $149 for an annual commitment) is the most basic, with 4GB of RAM and 1TB of storage. The $379 per month Enhanced SSD 64 plan, which includes 64GB of RAM and 240GB of solid-state storage, is the most expensive option. Every DreamHost dedicated server plan includes unrestricted data transfers.
If you expect your site to receive a high volume of traffic and if your site is so mission-critical that it cannot go down or slow down, you should consider dedicated hosting.
Cloud hosting is an excellent choice for users who want to host a website using their favourite software, run their own server, play games, or run web-scale applications.
DreamHost offers excellent plans starting at $4.50 per month (for 512MB of RAM, 80GB of storage, and unlimited monthly data transfers) and going up to $48 per month (for four CPU cores, 8GB of RAM, 80GB of storage, and unlimited monthly data transfers). As a result of DreamHost's impressive specs, the web host is named co-Editors' Choice for cloud hosting services.
Cloud hosting offers a few helpful features, like:
- Storage application integration
- Backup WordPress sites
- Migrate works into your private cloud
- Run any application like Ruby, Python, and Redis
DreamHost Uptime Test Results :
It is also important to notice that our website didn’t go down during testing. We enable the downtime tracker because often during stress tests, some hosting servers will crash.
This is another sign that DreamHost is a reliable hosting platform.
Conclusion: Is DreamHost Right for You?
Now that you've read our full DreamHost review, you might be wondering if DreamHost is the right web host for you
After a detailed evaluation of DreamHost services, we awarded them the title of “Best DIY Hosting” for WordPress users.
With great pricing plans and product offerings like WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, and cloud hosting, there is an option for everyone with different preferences.
Thanks to its extensive range of tools, including useful website creation software, security options, a generous money-back guarantee and unlimited storage, monthly data transfers, domains and email, DreamHost is one of the best options for web hosting services.